We currently have two nurses who have undergone specialist training in the treatment of minor illness enabling the doctors to focus on more major problems and conditions. The nurses are able to see patients and prescribe treatment for a number of illnesses including: sore throat/mouth, earache, colds, flu, sinusitis, cough, acute asthma, fever, hay fever, sore eyes, rashes, warts, verrucae, eczema, infected wounds, head lice, indigestion, diarrhoea and vomiting, constipation, urinary tract infections and period pains.
The nurses also provide the following services:
- Dressings and wound care
- Family planning advice, care and counselling
- Immunisation for foreign travel and for routine child and adult protection
- Well person clinic, diabetes clinic, hypertension clinic, asthma clinic, smoking cessation advice, menopause clinic, alcohol advice
- Consultations for advice over health matters
- Follow-up appointments for contraceptive advice and health check